English language is one of the most important subjects in the secondary school system and it is a compulsory subject as long as university admission requirement is concerned. Without a credit pass in English language, candidates will obviously have to write the examination a second time to score a minimum of C in English language as a minimum requirement for admission into the university.
It is a necessity that you prepare well for this examination so you can achieve the desired success. therefore, you need to have a copy of WAEC English Past Questions Pdf Format to use and prepare adequately for the exams. We will explain what it is all about, how it is patterned to suit your demand and the easiest way to download or get it. Pounds to Naira
What is WAEC English Past Questions Pdf
Let us begin by explaining what this past question and answer is all about. WAEC English Past Questions Pdf Format is the compilation of all the questions that have been given to students to answer to qualify them for the award of school certificate and the past question is presented in pdf format. This is one of the easiest formats that allows you to download the past question into your phone and use it anywhere you go.
We have made the past question very simple, portable, and affordable such that every student can get it or download it as long as they have access to the smartphone. JUPEB Questions in PDF Format
Many candidates who got the WAEC English Past Questions Pdf Format from us have been giving testimonies of how it helped them. As a matter of fact, this past will teach you so many things about the English examination and how it is conducted. We are very sure it is going to help you as well. When you get this past question it will definitely help to pass well. In this case, you do not need to supersede your competitors because you really do not have one, this is about you and your ability to get out of the secondary school system once and for all so you can begin your university education pursuit. Pounds to Naira
With the proper use of our original WAEC English Past Questions Pdf Format, you will definitely pass the jamb examination and come out successfully and gain direct entry admission into the university. This past question comes to you through your email address or Whatsapp once you make payments to purchase it. The downloadable format is going to be in softcopy, you can either choose to download it and read with your android phone or laptop and at your own convenience – wherever and whenever. Jamb Result
How is WAEC English Past Questions Pdf Format Patterned
Normally, the WAEC English Past Questions Pdf Format comes in two forms. there is a multiple-choice question pattern which is the objectives and the theory part. We have made it very easy for you. we bring all the questions for many years and put them together but we indicate the specific years of their occurrence. We provide the correct answers in order to save your time. All you need to do is to devote quality time to study the WAEC English Past Questions Pdf Format and watch yourself change the narrative by scoring better than you expected in the examination. Waec Result
Why You Need A Copy of WAEC English Past Questions Pdf Download
The need to get this past question cannot be overemphasized. The past question will help you in many ways than you expected. You need this past question for the following reasons;
It will expose you to the questions that have been asked years back as most of those questions and answers get repeated every year while some will just be rephrased. So if you don’t have a copy of this past question, then you are losing out.
- It, however, provides useful information about the types of questions to expect and helps you prevent unpleasant surprises.
- You will be able to detect and answer repeated questions quickly and easily.
- You will be able to find out the number of questions you will see in the exams.
WAEC English Past Questions Pdf Sample
In other to know that we are giving out the original waec english past questions pdf, we have decided to give you some free samples as proof of what we said earlier. Jamb Result
WAEC ENGLISH PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS – SAMPLE QUESTIONS
PAPER 1 SECTION 1
In each of the following sentences, there is one underlined word and one gap. From the list of words lettered A to D, choose the one that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the underlined word and that will, at the same time, correctly fill the gap in the sentence.
1. Most African countries face poverty while few enjoy ……………………….
2. Last year our farmers cultivated more crops than they……………………….
From the words lettered A to D, choose the word that best completes each of the following sentences.
3. There would have been a riot in our school but for the timely……………..of our staff.
4. The armed robbers ……………every room in the bank to look for money.
After each of the following sentences, a list of possible interpretations is given. Choose the interpretation that you consider most appropriate for each sentence.
5. Ade is too clever by half. This means that Ade is
A. far cleverer than others.
B. actually very stupid in his behaviour.
C. annoyingly clever.
D. behaving to be clever but is not.
6. Ameh is really being economical with the truth. This means that Ameh
A. is being praised for being honest.
B. does not know enough.
C. knows more than he is prepared to say.
D. is not telling the truth.
From the words lettered A to D below each of the following sentences, chose the word or group of words that is nearest in meaning to the underlined word as it is used in the sentence.
7. By failing to attend the interview, Idoko has lost a golden opportunity.
8. I hope the principal would be gracious enough to forgive us.
From the words or group of words lettered A to D, choose the word or group of words that best completes each of the following sentences.
9. A good citizen abides ………….. the rules of the land.
10. Since his swearing in, the governor ……………….. his hometown.
A. had not been visiting
B. has not visited
C. did not visit
D. had not visited
SECTION A (50 MARKS)
Answer one question only from this section. All questions carry equal marks. Your answer should not be less than 450 words.
You are advised to spend about 50 minutes on this section.
- Your friend in another school has requested information about your school to enable him to decide on moving over to your school. Write a letter to him discussing at least three areas in which your school excels.
- Write an article for publication in your school magazine, discussing the reasons why children in your area drop out of school and suggesting ways of minimizing it.
- As the president of your youth club, write a letter to the chairman of your Local Government Association complaining about the increasing rate of child labour and suggesting ways of curbing it.
- You are the chief speaker in a debate on the topic: Women should not be in paid employment while still bearing children. Write your contribution for or against the topic.
- 5. Write a story that ends with the words: That experience will linger on my mind for a long time.
Dele groaned and got out of bed. There was no clock on the mantel piece and the room was still dark, but he knew that he was already late for work, probably by an hour. He was a commercial bus driver and had to get started as early as 5.00a.m. and go almost non-stop till about 9.00 p.m. to be able to make the daily returns that the bus owner demanded.
On the previous day, he had attended an all-night party – a late uncle’s burial ceremony – where he had drunk himself almost senseless before crawling home in the early hours of the morning. Now, he got up shakily, splashed water on his face and hurried off to work, but not before carefully fastening on his upper left arm the amulet he had always worn for protection against accidents. A similar amulet hung concealed under the steering column of his bus. On his way, still feeling groggy, he caught his left toe against a stump and had some misgiving. It was a bad sign, and he was supposed to go back home and then set out again. But there was no time for that now, so he hurried on.
At the bus station, Dele quickly loaded his bus and sped off without any of the necessary checks on the vehicle. He had to make up for lost time. It was the rush hour, so the bus was overloaded as it often was, with many passengers hanging on to the doors. The tyres were threadbare, the brakes were faulty and the road was wet, but, still feeling a little sleepy, Dele sped on. Many passengers protested about his reckless driving, but he would not listen. After all, didn’t he have protection against accident?
As the vehicle took the last turn before its destination, Dele saw a broken-down truck blocking his side of the road. Under normal circumstances, he could have brought the bus safely to a halt, bur the circumstances were far from normal. The careering bus hit the parked vehicle, swerved wildly across the road and plunged into a ditch.
Dele’s surprise before he sank into oblivion was the failure of his supposedly protective amulets.
(a) Why did Dele wake up late?
(b) …he caught his left toe against a stump and had some misgivings. What does this tell us about Dele?
(c) Give two reasons why Dele drove recklessly.
(d) Why was Dele unable to stop his faulty vehicle?
(e) What was Dele’s condition after the accident?
(f) After all, didn’t he have protection against accident? What literary device is used in this expression?
(g) …wildly across the road…
(i) What grammatical name is given to the expression as it is used in the passage?
(ii) What is its function?
(h) For each of the following words, find another word or phrase which means the same and
can replace it in the passage:
(SUMMARY) [30 MARKS]
How to Buy
How are you sure we will deliver the past question to you after payment.
Our services are based on honesty and integrity. That is why we are very popular.
For us (ExamsGuru Team), we have been in business since 2012 and have been delivering honest and trusted services to our valued customers.
Since we started, we have not had any negative comments from our customers, instead, all of them are happy with us.
Our past questions and answers are original and from the source. So, your money is in the right hand and we promise to deliver it once we confirm your payment.
Each year, thousands of students gain admission into their schools of choice with the help of our past questions and answers.
7 Tips to Prepare for WAEC English Exams
- Don’t make reading your hobby: A lot of people put reading as a hobby in their CV, they might be right because they have finished schooling. But “You” are still schooling, so reading should be in top priority and not as a hobby. Read far and wide to enhance your level of aptitude
- Get Exams Preparation Materials: These involve textbooks, dictionaries, waec english past questions pdf, mock questions, and others. These materials will enhance your mastering of the scope of the exams you are expecting.
- Attend Extramural Classes: Register and attend extramural classes at your location. This class will not only help you refresh your memory but will boast your classroom understanding and discoveries of new knowledge.
- Sleep when you feel like: When you are preparing for any exams, sleeping is very important because it helps in the consolidation of memory. Caution: Only sleep when you feel like it and don’t oversleep.
- Make sure you are healthy: Sickness can cause excessive feelings of tiredness and fatigue and will not allow you to concentrate on reading. If you are feeling as if you are not well, report to your parent, a nurse, or a doctor. Make sure you are well. Waec Result
- Eat when you feel like: During the exam preparation period, you are advised not to overeat, so as to avoid sleep. You need to eat little and light food whenever you feel like eating. Eat more of fruits, drink milk and glucose. This will help you to enhance retention. Npower Recruitment
- Reduce your time in social media: Some people live their entire life on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Messenger chat. This is so bad and catastrophic if you are preparing for exams. Try and reduce your time spent on social media during this time. Maybe after the exams, you can go back and sleep in it.
If you like these tips, consider sharing them with your friends and relatives. Do you have a question or comments? Put it on the comment form below. We will be pleased to hear from you and help you to score as high as possible.
We wish you good luck!